GIFTED in FRANCE
May 7, 2014
”I loved being outside. We'd hold lightning bugs in our fingers
and pretend they were diamond rings,"
LITTLE MAD SCIENTISTS' CLUB presents
|photo by HSC|
CREEPY CRAWLIES With Matt Black
(Ages 7-9 years-old)
Sunday May 18, 2014
First come, first served, space limited to 12 children,
GiF members have priority
Creepy Crawlies: You may live in a city, but there is a hidden world of animals right at our feet - buzzing bees, crawling ants and creeping critters in every direction. Did you know that for every person living in Paris, there are many millions of insects living here too? Come join Matt Black for a close-up investigation of these tiny and wonderful creatures that are all around us. We'll learn to tell the difference between insects, spiders, and "something else's" and then go see what real bugs we can find!
How to reserve your spot? Please be sure to follow steps 1-3 below.
- Please note the age group, location and date, then email Cretha and Cristiana at email@example.com Subject: CREEPY CRAWLIES
- Registration: to fill out the online registration form click here.
- Participation fee, 12€, first come, first served. Check payable to Gifted in France, 39 ave de Versailles, 75016. Confirmation is sent once payment is received. Please note that payment is non-refundable as we have fixed costs associated with this activity. Thank you for helping us stay organized.
- Location: on Champs de Mars, exact location will be emailed after confirmation.
- For this event, parents need to stay on the premises during the event, which is one hour long, followed by a gouter.
This is the last session with Matt, until we start up again in the fall. We are looking forward to planning more outings and activities for Little Mad Scientists in addition to starting up a Science Club for Girls!
About Matt Black: Matt Black has been a professional educator for two decades, and has always loved making science fun for kids. His interactive programs incorporate humor, observation, movement, music, and multisensory and experiential learning. Matt is a science teacher at the Lennen Bilingual School in Paris, and has previously served as an educator and program director for the Connecticut Audubon Society and the New Canaan Nature Center in Connecticut. He was formerly on the Executive Board of the Connecticut Outdoor and Environmental Education Association, and has also served as a lecturer at Yale University and with the Yale Alumni College Abroad program. He is also a children’s musician here in Paris and seldom presents a science program without a musical footnote. You can learn more about Matt at www.musicwithmattblack.com.
The Creativity - Innovation Challenge, July 7-10, 2014
Keynote speakers include experts from Belgium, Canada, Hong Kong, the UK, the United States and UNESCO. Click here for a list of keynote speakers.
Discounted registration fees apply to local participants and friends of Gifted in France; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
Université Paris Descartes
Centre Henri Piéron
71, avenue Edouard Vaillant
Thanks so much for your continued support.
Helen Sahin Connelly